Wednesday, December 12, 2018
Reflection
This semester was extremely informative for me. In the last two years as I have taken up glass I have run into the struggle of marketing as a self employed craftsmen in 2018 and beyond. This class has given me the tools to better document my process and my work as a way of bolstering my marketing so that I never have to get a real job! I especially enjoyed the video project because I have long wanted to have a YouTube channel but basically made every excuse possible to not make one. Now that I have completed a video project, I have been thinking a lot about how I'd like to use that skill in the future. Learning how to storyboard was also an extremely helpful skill that I feel allowed me to make a far better video. This class really helped me to realize my issues in the past with drafting. Having multiple drafts and constantly refining whatever you're working on is what every person or artist should do to ensure they're putting out their best work. There definitely is a line where it is TOO much with drafting, but the only way to understand that line is to write more and draft more. This class really got me excited about my own abilities to write and be creative, and that is invaluable. There are no rules to art, and this is generally my approach to much of what I do, but taking a step back to bring a more refined end product rather than just a single stream of consciousness is a far better approach. I am very thankful for the discussions we had throughout the semester, and my classmates were all epic which I think really shined through in the final videos. I don't necessarily know that I'll become a novelist any time soon, but crazier things have certainly happened! I also enjoyed being able to listen to award winning authors. As a young artist hoping to make a living at it, it is extremely inspiring any chance I get to learn from people who chased the muse to success. The message is generally similar in that it takes a TON of hard work and dedication and overcoming multiple failures before reaching the point you think you should be at, but continuing to persevere is always the answer. Aimee, thank you so much for providing an engaging and amazing class, I would highly recommend it to anyone, and I am incredibly thankful you were our teacher. You brought such a high level of understanding to the subject matter, and were not afraid to be yourself, I could not have asked for a better instructor. A million times Thank You for everything this semester, and I cannot wait to go forward having learned these skills.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Reflection
This semester was extremely informative for me. In the last two years as I have taken up glass I have run into the struggle of marketing as ...
-
My poem depicts a moment from December 2017. My father had a malignant melnoma on his ear that he was set to have removed after the holiday...
-
Imagine with every decision you made your entire life there was a small voice in your head judging that decision. Sometimes, that voice was ...
-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycPr5-27vSI -the first multimedia link I chose is a recent episode of the Joe Rogan Experience, a podcast ...
You definitely elevated the class discussions on a regular basis. I liked that you were this steady and smart prescence throughout the semester, and I liked that you were so willing and able to share your ideas and experiences with the class. It would not have been the same without you, and I was happy that you were part of the experience.
ReplyDelete