Tuesday, December 11, 2018

I'd Rather Be Flameworking


My video is all about making glass. When preparing to make this video a few things were important to me. I wanted this video to be one that could be enjoyed by people who knew nothing about glassmaking so I avoided focusing on technical aspects of the craft. I also wanted it to resemble the skateboard, skiing, and surfing videos that I had grown up watching. These videos are highlight tapes set to music that almost never feature narration. To achieve this, I searched far and wide for a song that was about five minutes long, extremely fast paced, but also relevant to the mood and vibe of the counterculture glass scene. Using Richie Havens performance of Freedom at Woodstock worked out perfectly. The drumming in this song perfectly illustrates my heart beat when making a glass piece. Glass is an amazing facet of my life, and absorbs much of my attention. I am extremely thankful to have had a platform to share this passion of mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflection

This semester was extremely informative for me. In the last two years as I have taken up glass I have run into the struggle of marketing as ...