Tuesday, October 23, 2018
Podcast Assignment
The most important thing about this project was definitely how amazing of a partner Shreya was. We collaborated well in class and then in a separate meeting to sure up our script, and she was super open and enthusiastic throughout that entire process. We decided to record our lines separately and then she went ahead and cut them all together with sound effects and I was really happy with how it all came out in the end. Shreya absolutely knocked it out of the park on this project and she absolutely carried the team. I wish I had taken it upon myself to cast other actors to be able to perform some of the other voices. I really have no good excuse as to why I didn't do this as I was convinced that I had done a good job of changing up my accents, but in some cases I blended them too much and they were too similar. This project was really interesting and definitely a lot of fun, and I've even thought about possibly doing some sort of fictional podcast like this going forward. I thoroughly enjoyed this assignment, and while my acting skills were subpar, Shreya really did an amazing job chopping up this entire episode and getting it together while also casting other actors in her scenes. She gets the Emmy or whichever award goes to fictional podcasts, I get a C at best. With all that said, I did enjoy the content of this assignment and am continuing to think of ways I can do something like this going forward. I really didn't know that fictional or even theatrical podcasts were a thing before we were introduced to Homecoming, and I am curious to learn more. Podcasts in general are emerging as an exciting new form of communication and information, and I frequently listen to a whole variety of them almost daily. I have often thought about what kind of podcast I would do if I were to do one, and I think that's a question a lot of people are beginning to ask themselves now more than ever. Everyone has something unique about themselves that they can probably talk about for an hour or so, but I really feel like this genre of podcasts being fictional really opens up even more doors to creativity. There are no rules, and the only limits are sounds which really gives the producer a ton of freedom to take it in whatever direction they want. A lot of podcasts also rely on guests to draw attention and listeners, and I feel like a podcast in this genre could gain a bit more organic of a following with the focus being solely on the content rather than the guest and possible headlines that could come out of a loose conversation. This class continues to open me up to new avenues of creative expression and that's about all I can ask for in this stage of my life. I'm enjoying it all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Reflection
This semester was extremely informative for me. In the last two years as I have taken up glass I have run into the struggle of marketing as ...
-
My poem depicts a moment from December 2017. My father had a malignant melnoma on his ear that he was set to have removed after the holiday...
-
Imagine with every decision you made your entire life there was a small voice in your head judging that decision. Sometimes, that voice was ...
-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycPr5-27vSI -the first multimedia link I chose is a recent episode of the Joe Rogan Experience, a podcast ...
No comments:
Post a Comment