Monday, September 24, 2018

In case anyone wasn't sure about the title of my blog, here's what noodling is. It consists of sticking your arm into a hole so that a catfish bites it at which point you wrestle it to the surface. It's pretty epic stuff. Catfish Jawn is an alter ego I use for my glass art and is taken from an old country song that was often covered by Jerry Garcia Band "Catfish John". Using an alter ego in glass is an ode to the American pipe movement which sprung up in the mid 90's and continues to grow today, with glass pipes even being considered and sold as fine art. Many of the top artists in this movement, for fear of prosecution, used alter egos to try and fly under the radar as enforcement around cannabis was far different in the mid 90's and early 2000's from what it is today. Party on

1 comment:

Reflection

This semester was extremely informative for me. In the last two years as I have taken up glass I have run into the struggle of marketing as ...