Sunday, September 9, 2018

Glimpses Inward

This is a picture of me from a fake wedding photo shoot that my friend and I designed a chandelier for this past summer. The photo shoot was real, the wedding was not. I love the aesthetic of this photo. This was the first endeavor of this kind that my friend and I partook in, and on the same day we were able to visit an organic farm in Princeton. It was a day filled with things that I love, and it was a big turning point in my life realizing that I was manifesting the reality that I had longed for.
This picture was taken during my first week of learning to blow glass. It is very bad ass. Glass saved my life and continues to captivate much of my attention and creativity. I am forever grateful to the individuals that made it possible for me to follow this passion, and have no plans of stopping any time soon.
This picture was taken while I attended Cardigan Mountain School in Canaan, New Hampshire when I was in 8th grade. The man in the background is Dudley Clark who passed this year and was an incredibly influential figure in my life, and the lives of all the boys that have attended Cardigan. His relentless will to serve others throughout his life is something that helped to shape me into the person I am, and he came into my life at a time when I was 14 and living hundreds of miles away from home. Dudley's love is not lost on me, and I think about him daily. RIP.
This is my father Kevin circa some time in the 90's. My father is the hardest working person I know, and my biggest role model. He's worked full time since he was 13 to be able to provide my family with every opportunity imaginable. This picture captures his humor that he has carried with him throughout his life during both good and bad times. The stache is also pretty epic. When I was 4 he shaved it and I cried all day and stayed home from school. He is yet to regrow it.
This is baby Nocal. Flowing red locks, and a shirt that reads "Drug Free Body". I've always loved this picture of me, mainly because I was too young to really formulate memories at this time, but the shirt is also extremely ironic.


This is my roster picture taken during my freshman year of college at Syracuse University. It's probably one of the better portraits ever taken of me, so I keep it around for LinkedIn. Playing college lacrosse for a year was both incredibly challenging and rewarding and helped me to realize that the last thing I wanted to be was a professional lacrosse player.  
Pictured here are my three brothers and myself in a photo shoot that we did for my father's 60th birthday. We went to Beall's and bought ridiculous looking shirts and while much of the photo shoot was serious, we snuck in this picture for ourselves to have. My brothers are my main inspiration in my life and have always kept me incredibly entertained and grounded. Shoutout to them.
This is my mother Lisa. Lisa is an incredible woman who raised four strong, self-reliant men. While we didn't always see eye to eye and had our share of issues, she was always incredibly loving. This picture is incredibly pure, and takes me back to a time when things were far simpler. Love you, mom. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflection

This semester was extremely informative for me. In the last two years as I have taken up glass I have run into the struggle of marketing as ...